Sunday, June 22, 2008

Day 3

Today we went outside to blow bubbles and went to 7-11 for slurpies! About a month ago I bought Mikaela this little tiger that blows bubbles automatically, but had yet to put batteries in it. Mikaela was having kind of a cranky/drive mommy batty day (i.e: pull all the laundry out of the basket while mommy is trying to fold it or just unfold all the clothes she has already folded!) so I decided she needed to go outside and have some fun and what's more fun for babies than BUBBLES! So I juiced up the tiger and out we went. Alas, the tiger is a piece of junk that doesn't blow bubbles at all! So I got out the old fashioned bubbles and wand. Mikaela thought they were pretty neat, but she thought trying to climb the brick steps to the back porch was more fun. So, a lot of the time it was me pulling Mikaela off the steps and back out into the yard!

Haley and her friend had wanted to go to 7-11 for slurpies, so off we went to go get those. I almost made Haley get a small, but she really wanted a medium so I said fine, even though I just knew she wouldn't drink it all! Well, I guess she really wanted to prove me wrong because she drank every last bit and loved it! I think sometimes I just forget how big she is getting. She looks so grown up in today's pictures. Then Haley and her friends went over to the neighbor's house and had a balloon fight. Turned out to be a pretty good day for Haley! She is still outside playing. Mikaela is down for a nap and I hope she sleeps for a very long time! Mommy needs a break, and is actually enjoying a beer as she types this!















Well, wouldn't you know that no sooner than I finished publishing this blog, that little stinker woke up! Not even an hour did she give me. Oh well, she has had dinner and is now back in sissy's room annoying her! :D It's 9 o'clock and I am just finishing up dinner for Haley and I. It's just been one of those days!

2 comments:

Jen Jordan said...

Amen to that, mom! This patience thing isn't always easy... and my poor little guy is stuck with a mom who sometimes draws a blank when it comes to new and fun ideas.

I hear ya on that tiger. We have the lion... we call him "bubble lion" and it has to be one of the most bipolar toys ever. Sometimes it works like a champ... other times we get nothing.

Carrie Ihlanfeldt said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic of Haley at the slurpee machine! Too cool!!