Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day 19

Today I had to cut the grass. Cutting the grass, easy! Weed whacking is a whole 'nother story! Me and the weed whacker had a big fight this afternoon!!! First, I had to rewire it with string, trying to remember Mike's instructions from before he left. Then, I could NOT get it to start. Or, I got it to start, but it wouldn't stay started! As soon as I hit the gas it kept stalling on me. I finally got it to keep going when I hit the gas, but it kept stalling on me from time to time while I was whacking those evil weeds! And, the strings kept getting messed up - I'm sure I did something wrong when winding them up! I got the front yard done and was working on the back when it died once again and I said I was OVER IT! So, the back yard didn't get done, but oh well. I'm the only one who has to look at it! (Well, I guess Paul & Melissa do - sorry guys! haha) Haley hung out with Kelly most of the day and now her, Kelly and Chad are playing WII. Haley has been a huge help to me by walking Cappy every day. Sometimes I take both dogs for a walk, but mostly she walks Cappy for me and I take Izzie out back for play and potty time. haha Brooklin was pretty bored all day I am sure - taking care of Mikaela while I worked in the yard and having Izzie annoy her. She did get to read some of her book which sounds quite interesting though. We are planning on going to Target to shop for sunglasses if the rain stops. Mikaela hung around the house playing with the dogs (Izzie loves it, Cappy hates it! ha) and Brooklin. She did enjoy some of my Jamocha shake from Arby's, which she screamed and cried for whenever I decided to take a drink! Now I am just beat from working in the heat and fighting with the weed whacker!!! But, it really needed to be done (long overdue) and now it is, so I am glad!

Cappy and Izzie watching another dog outside - now I have 2 dogs to hush up when the baby is sleeping!








Even if I don't talk about it every day, rest assured we are taking Izzie outside several times a day to throw the ball!

1 comment:

Carrie Ihlanfeldt said...

I still look at your blog almost everyday.... and I LOVE IT! Thanks for the updates on our Izzie girl. I actually miss her. (Good thing i guess!?)

I am planning to get caught up on my blogging when we get back to the Seattle side.

Miss ya!!! -C